Thursday, May 26, 2011

Holy Fuck, It's been a while...

I haven't posted in this damn thing for months. There are several reasons: 1) I've been busy. 2) I've been lazy. 3) Nobody fucking reads this drivel anyway. 4) Like you, I forgot I even had a blog and there was shit posted there. So, why am I writing in this damnable thing again, you (by that, I mean me...no one fucking reads this) might ask? Well, I'm sure there are reasons other than wanting to wiggle my mental wang to the sound of my own voice, but right now I can't think of any. So that's what this is going to be. Me, verbally blowing myself...and growing bored, then promptly falling asleep mid-hummer with my own cock in my mouth. Aren't you glad you stopped by? I know you are.

Anyfuckinway, yeah...I actually have been very busy working on my act and doing a lot of shows, frequently with people far more accomplished than I. Now I've done shows with Tom McCaffrey, Nikki Glaser, Harry Terjanian, Dante' Nero, Nate Bargatze, Jim Florentine...and I've learned a lot. I've learned a lot about how little the profession actually changes...you just get better, you can reach more people and some of the friends you made when you started will still be there and some of them won't. Three great comics I respected (but never met) greatly, Robert Schimmel, Greg Giraldo and Mike Destefano...have died since I started. I hope I can one day live up to their legacy. I've learned even more about who I am and who I'm not...and I've gotten even darker. My whole act has taken on a much more personal, absolutely black tone. This is not being done for shock value...but it is definitely shocking material that I will make no fucking apologies for. Too rough for you? Fuck off and die. I'm not doing this for you...I want you to laugh, but this is for me because I'm both self-loathing and narcissistic.

I now run a Bi-Weekly show downstairs from the legendary drag bar, Lucky Cheng's, in the Fortune Cookie Lounge with my great friend and co-conspirator Jessica Faller. Funny and smart lady with great taste and an absolute joy to work with. The show is called Invitation to a Beheading and we're putting really incredible lineups together. It's always free, there's never a drink minimum and a good time is always the objective. Come see us next time on Sunday, 6/12 at 8:00pm when we host Jen Perney, Ray Devito, Mark Normand, Jeffrey Joseph an Andrew Schulz! I personally guarantee you'll have a great time if you're open minded and not a complete pussy.

RSVP here: RSVP here!

Check out my newest clip here! ...And subscribe to the damn channel while you're at it. I'll talk to you fuckers again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment